Saturday, October 13, 2007

“Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” --Written June 3, 2007

I have completed my Criminal Justice Associates Degree!

I will graduate in absentia because I do not want to drive to Louisville to walk...I maintained a 4.0 throughout my courses. For all of you who prayed me through, encouraged me along the way, had to listen to me say, "I'm sorry but I can't talk right now, I have to work on this paper," or I can't have company right now, I've got to submit this paper before I go to work"...I thank you for your care, consideration and patience. I know I have missed out on so much. I wonder if my life will ever be the same again. I must add that I would not have been able to accomplish this task if it weren't for Papa's constant encouragement and making up for my inability to carry on with my normal duties. He has seen me at my worst, to the point of almost pulling my hair out over papers due. He has calmed me and lit a fire under me as needed. It has indeed made our marriage stronger. He should get a degree out of this, too!

(My choice for the title stems from the fact that my father, my mother, two sisters or brother has not ever obtained a degree.)

No comments: