Friday, November 16, 2007

“Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.”--Seneca


Day 6 of the Twelve Days of Thanksgiving-----

Today, I received an email from a friend who has had a great influence on my role as a mother and wife. Although we have been distant due to raising our children and going different directions in employment, her email was so encouraging as she was just as open with me as she was years ago. I felt blessed along with comforted. The email made me recall my introduction to shrimp years ago…standing at her sink, peeling and de-veining them and her getting me to try them…now, …thanks to her and my husband I’m a shrimp diva!


Today, the doctor told Becky he would not induce even though Emily is already 7 lbs and 15 ozs. Becky and Craig are irritated and anxious…for Emily’s arrival. A week past her due date, feeling apprehensive regarding the size of her Emily Brooke, they look forward to the day.


Today, my mother is getting released from the hospital. She will have outpatient therapy at Cardinal Hill Hospital. Although at times the relationship has been strained, I see my attitude towards our relationship changing.


Today, my sister called to tell me she was heading back to North Carolina. The air is different in our conversations, too. She listens more to how I feel about things instead of telling me how I am wrong for feeling the way I do. Maybe, we could be friends again, someday.


Today, Anna and Rosie called to check in about Thanksgiving dinner the day before Thanksgiving…Yes, they will be here…Megan won’t be. I wish I could tell you why, but I don’t have permission to blast her and Silas’s private life on my blog. And what she is experiencing I am so happy for her, yet, it is creating a change that is hard to adjust to…and if the Richard Cranium who has the say over Becky’s day to be induced makes her wait until Tuesday, as he stated today, then they won’t be able to attend either. And the change is sad to think about. I want us all together. I know in my heart I raised them all to be on their own, but as they grow and each separate entity decides what plan is best for their individual family, I sigh knowing I will not always be a part of each happening. I guess I have selfish issues to deal with. At least the selfish part is laced with admiration and excitement for each one.


Today, I turned in my resignation/transfer papers to my place of employment. I will be starting my new employment December the 10th. I have been anxiously awaiting this change for some time now. It’s finally happening….


Today, a family friend called and asked if reservations for our double date could be at 5:30 PM Saturday night. This is a guy I have gotten so use to seeing at our home, single, chatting with my husband. Now at 52, he’s married for the first time…and he wants us to be a part of his new life.


So, on the 6th day of The Twelve Days of Thanksgiving, I am thankful for new beginnings…new beginnings in families, relationships, employment, and of course, attitudes.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I have enjoyed reading all your posts this week and am looking forward to the next 6 days!

Ariel said...

What a bummer to hear about Megan not being able to attend. i don't know what's going on in her life but if you're excited, then I am too! Meg, if you're reading this, much love and turkey comin' your way!!

Jan Ross said...

Sounds like your life is changing and growing in so many different ways. What a healthy way to be! Sorry Megan won't be able to make it. I like to have my whole family together for Thanksgiving too, and we just found out Mark doesn't have to work that day. Very excited!!