Saturday, June 28, 2008

Men are from Mars and Women are all the wiser...

So, the grandkiddos are visiting this weekend...I promised that I would take them swimming at Woodland Pool. We have created memories there every summer for years and they remember...
I was preparing to take them Friday and it came a big rainy deal...so we opted for Kid's Place. Before we knew we weren't going though, we all got into our swimsuits...Silas, Molly, Jacob and Emme B...I went to get mine on...and well, it's a $80 swimsuit from Land's End I bought just last summer. Saddness upon saddness, I have lost so much of my...let's say, "chest"...that it was rediculous! There is no way I will be able to wear it so I will have to replace it. As if life is not hard enough already...
Saturday morning...I get up and prepare Emme for pickup, make the others some of their most loved oatmeal pancakes and prepare for another attempt to go swimming. I tell Papa, it's gonna be really rough not to be able to play in the water with the youngun's. And he replies with, "Well, can't you just run by Walmart and pick up a another swimsuit?" Did he really just say that?
Picture this, a Mimi, with three young children, ready to get to the pool, stopping by Walmart ...of all places, with the children...and zipping in trying on a swimsuit. She holds a few up and the 2 hour saga begins...after several trips to probably three different stores, the children are wanting to get in the water so badly they are willing to play in the store's drinking fountain and their Mimi is in a deep depression unable to even care.


Run by Walmart and pick up another swimsuit...my bohonkus!!!!
Thought my readers might need a good laugh...*sigh*

2 comments:

Boo said...

Only a man could say something like that!!! They really don't know what we do! :)

Ariel said...

Too funny!! Looks like they had fun regardless!