Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Much Needed Break

Last night after a "riotious" day at work Papa and I met some friends at the Pioneer Playhouse in Danville for dinner and a play. The play was absolutely hilarious!

Outdoor stage
Love, Sex and the IRS by BillyVan Zandt and Jane Milmore July 22 – August 2
Two guys in New York room together, but to save money Jon has been filing tax returns listing the pair as married. IRS man Mr. Spinner comes to investigate and Jon's mother, financee and ex-girlfriend drop in, with complications sure to multiply! Rated PG.

Papa, Ed and Robbie

"Pujo" and me

Nancy, I hate that you would not able to make it...Feel better soon!!!

THEN...this morning we got up bright and early and heading to Salt Lick...first stop was the:
Clear Creek Shooting Range

4 shooting tables and four targets for both pioneer and modern weapons.

Posts for hanging targets at 25, 50, 100 and 200 yards.
Fee $5
2008 Recreation Schedule and Fees (pdf)
Directions
From Salt Lick, turn right on KY 211, go 3.5 miles to Forest Road 129, turn left and go 2.7 miles past Clear Creek Furnace to Forest Road 909. Turn right on 909, parking will be 1/2 mile on left.

3 magazines of 6 and all 18 are on target...I have progressed! Course, I shot more than that...and continued to stay on target...just didn't take any more photos.


From there we went to Tater Knob ...if you ever go...and I recommend you do...Be prepared to climb a lot of steps (200 to the base of tower), even before you reach the tower (45 steps to the top). You'll be rewarded with a spectacular view and sore leg muscles the next day. Makes the ole legs kinda shaky

Pa is actually NOT comfortable with the height!


Towering...
Then we stopped by Slate Furnace

View up the stack

...and we still had time to stop and be a good samaritian...

every since Academy...I have a soft spot for turtles...

To clarify: I studied for my exam on the ride to Danville, Pa quizzed me. I listened to my Spanish words on the way back...I studied note cards and quizzed myself through the morning...we got home by 2pm and I have been working off and on with my studies...I have not neglected them although it looks like I have...Pa and I just took a mini vacation...It's all good!

1 comment:

Ariel said...

Soft spot for turtles... you're funny!! And I think I've seen enough of The Tower. I leave that adventure to you and Pa. The video was enough to make me nervous!